Kyoto, Japan, Mar. 25th, 2022, Questetra, Inc., the global SaaS provider of Business Process Management (BPM), today announced that they are going to introduce updating schedule options for the cloud-based workflow, Questetra BPM Suite, on and after April the 1st.
On the release date of the new version, all customers‘ workflow platforms were updated. (Notice announced principally 2 weeks in advance)
Hereafter (on and after April 1, 2022);
- Workflow platforms for which [Rapid Update] is chosen will be updated on the release date of the new version
- Workflow infrastructures for which [Scheduled Update] is selected will be updated approximately one month after the release date of the new version
However, updates with a bug fix version (patch version) will be applied to all workflow platforms.
Demands for Pre-verification
In recent years, due to the declining workforce and COVID-19 effect, further improvement in work quality and productivity has been required. Many companies are actively pursuing business reforms that utilize IT to meet these demands.
Specific examples include the automation of operations that realize labor-saving and unmanned operation, and the construction of a telework environment that includes the utilization of cloud services.
Customers who are using Questetra BPM Suite are no exception to these efforts. In particular, Questetra BPM Suite is used for business automation and data linkage with multiple cloud services.
There was a problem using Questetra BPM Suite, as the automatic processing did not work as expected due to the update, especially when the customer’s own automatic processing was set.
Previously, the verification workflow platform („Online Demo Platform“) which has no access restrictions was used to verify the new version. However, since it is also a workflow platform that anyone can access it was difficult to verify, for example, for scripts used in actual business. In addition, the update of the verification workflow platform to the new version was done only one week in advance of the customer’s platform update, and it was an environment where a sufficient verification period could not be taken.
Based on this background, you will be able to choose the update to the major/minor version (*), either;
- at the same time as the release of the new version [Rapid Update]
- about one month after the release of the new version [Scheduled Update]
This makes it easier to verify scripts used in actual business by separately subscribing to a workflow platform for verification and selecting [Rapid Update]. In addition, the period until the [Scheduled Update] is about one month, so you will be able to secure a sufficient verification period.
* Version notation X.Y.Z (e.g. 13.2.1) means that X is the major version, Y is the minor version, and Z is the patch version. (Semantic versioning)
From the update to the new major version scheduled for April 2022.
* This update is performed only with the workflow platform for verification of sales partners by [Rapid Update], and for the customer’s platforms, it will be performed by [Scheduled Update] about one month after [Rapid Update].