In this article, we will introduce how to digitize the application/approval process.
- Draw a Workflow Diagram
- Digitizing Workflow Diagrams
- Benefits of Using Workflow
Draw a Workflow Diagram
The first step is to draw a workflow diagram of the application/approval process to organize the flow of the business. In this article I will introduce simple workflow diagrams and somewhat general-purpose workflow diagrams in order to make it easier to understand.
The simplest application/approval workflow
Let’s start with the simplest application/approval workflow diagram. In this diagram, the process is completed when an applicant submits an application and an approver checks and approves the content.
Application/approval workflows that can be reverted
In the simplest application/approval workflow diagram described above, the supervisor cannot ask the applicant to correct the content of the application if it is not appropriate. So let’s try to draw a workflow diagram that allows you to send the application back to the applicant for correction. With this workflow the supervisor can send the application back to the applicant if it needs to be corrected after checking the content.
Application/approval workflow that allows supervisors to start the process
In the workflow diagrams we have drawn so far, only the applicant can start the process. Now let’s draw a workflow diagram in which the supervisor can also start the process. This way, when a supervisor wants a subordinate to submit an application they are also able to start the process.
Workflows with multiple approvers
There are also cases where there are multiple supervisors. Let’s draw a workflow diagram with multiple approvers, where the number of approvers is increased. This way, not only the Manager but also the Director can check and approve the application.
Workflows that can be circulated to other departments
Depending on the type of application, there may be cases where not only your department but also other departments such as General Affairs are involved. To deal with this, we will draw a workflow diagram that allows circulation to other departments. This will allow you to handle, for example, expense reimbursement processing.
Digitizing Workflow Diagrams
If you want to actually digitize the workflow diagram you just drew and operate it as a system, then Questetra BPM Suite is recommended.
Questetra BPM Suite can not only create workflow diagrams like the ones we have drawn so far, but also operate the created workflow diagrams as they are as a business system.
For example, if the simplest Application/Approval Workflow diagram shown above is used with Questetra BPM Suite, it will be as follows.
- The applicant starts the process of the relevant workflow application (the workflow diagram you created is now a business system) from the list screen.
- Icon in the workflow diagram: Start
- The applicant will open the Task Application screen in the list to be processed in My Tasks and complete the process, including entering/selecting the necessary items.
- Icon in Workflow Diagram: Application
- The approver will open the Approval Task screen in My Tasks, check the contents of the applicant’s request, and click the „Approve“ button to complete the process.
- Icon in Workflow Diagram: Approval → Finish
You can create your own workflow diagram from scratch or import an existing template and use it right away. (You can also customize the template.)
(Reference) Please see below for some templates for application/approval operations.
(Reference) For other templates, please see below.
Benefits of Using Workflow
Operations that can be digitized with Questetra BPM Suite are not limited to application/approval operations. All kinds of tasks can be digitized. In addition to digitization it is also possible to automate tasks (let the system process them).
Specifically, the following tasks can be digitized and automated.
- PayPal Billing Process
- Catalogue Request Correspondence Flow (Add-on)
- Out-of-pocket Expenses Claim
- Designing Request Handling
- Order Report Flow
- Human Multitasking Workflow
- Website Analytics Report Process
As you can see, Questetra BPM Suite enables you to improve your business by digitization and automation.
– What can be achieved with Questetra BPM Suite
- Digitalization / Paperless
- Business improvement
- Reduction of operational errors
- Reduction of work hours
- Improvement of business quality
- Reduction of operational costs
- Visualization and management of business progress and performance
Anyone who is interested can try it for free for 60 days. Please feel free to try it out.