I’ve studied business improvements, and in this post I’d like to describe the business improvement process for the recurring task of posting a blog description to Facebook.
1. Explanation of the assigned task
My task is to create a draft of a description of the content on Questetra’s website. I have to think of a different draft each day – for example, one is for a landing page on Monday, the others are for a popular blog last week on Wednesday, and the introduction of a system article on Friday.
First, I pick up a piece of content that I want to introduce and create a draft each day. Then, I will ask the approver to check it and they will request a rewrite if any errors are found. The approver is different each day.
If the draft is approved, the approver will complete the introduction on the basis of the draft. Then, he sets up a Facebook post so the completed introduction is posted automatically on the scheduled day, and the whole process ends. This task is delivered and communicated via Questetra BPM Suite, a Cloud-based Workflow system.
Here is an example of the completed sentence.
[Knowledge Box] Tips for using a workflow system easily and safely!
– Facilitate telecommuting and promote Work Style Reform!
– Always available in the latest version!
– Affordable, quick build!
I will explain the advantages of the Cloud-type compared with the On-premises-type. Case studies are also shown. Please visit here.
2. What is Questetra BPM Suite
It is a cloud-based workflow system that can, for example, in the task of “Posting a blog description on Facebook”, assist the person in charge of the post to deliver a task to the approver smoothly.
In Questetra BPM Suite an “App” means the mechanism to deliver a task. I will use the App to deliver each Item one by one.
In this post, I will describe how to change various mechanisms on Questetra BPM Suite as one of the business improvements.
For that, you should use “App Settings” where you can define the content of the mechanism for the delivery of tasks.
You should do the following three things in the App Settings:
- Decide the order of the task delivery by drawing a workflow diagram.
- Define the Data Items.
- Set the operators.
Drawing a workflow diagram is the first step to determine the order of the task delivery. I have arranged the order for drawing a workflow diagram below.
- Place an elongated rectangular-shaped object (Swimlane) according to the operators.
- Place a round-shaped icon which represents “Start”, and then place one which represents “End”.
- Place a rectangular shaped icon that represents a “Task” between them on the Swimlane.
- Arrows connect Start to each Task and End.
The above diagram is a workflow diagram of Posting a blog description on Facebook. There will be two Swimlanes corresponding to two people: one is in charge of writing articles and who thinks about the drafts, and the other is the approver who checks and posts them. The order of processing is done as follows.
- The member in charge of writing articles selects the blog for introduction in the Preparation of a draft Task and writes a draft.
- The approver checks the draft and it will be sent back to the member in charge of writing articles if there are any errors, otherwise, it is approved.
- If it is approved, the approver finally creates an introductory sentence for the description.
- The member in charge of writing articles checks the description and completes the process in the “Setting Completion” Task.
You should define data items to provide a data form to be entered in each Task.
- Title: the blog of the day you chose
- Categories (Select-type): For the different content each day (optional).
- Posting Date (Datetime-type): The date and time when the blog introduction is posted on Facebook.
- Approver (User-type): The approver who checks the draft each day, writes a description and approves it, writes advice, and sends the draft back.
- Draft (String-type): The draft for a blog on Facebook written by the person in charge of writing articles.
- Completed Description (String-type): The description to introduce a blog that the approver posts on Facebook.
- Message column (Table-type): Instruction, notes, and hints for improvement from the approver, and details of consultation from the member in charge of writing articles. (Communication between the approver and the member in charge of writing articles.)
*You can visit here for further information
Moreover, the member in charge of writing articles and the approver in a Swimlane are determined as follows.
This time, the member in charge of writing articles was set to me and the approver was set to the user who has been specified in the “Categories” Select-type Data item in the “Preparation of Draft” Task.
Although I have described how to create the App in App Settings, the difficulty in implementation or misinterpreting the rules can happen when running the App. Questetra BPM Suite actually allows you to change the configuration once it has been determined.
In the next post, I would like to introduce some improvement activities for already built Apps to facilitate task delivery. The description of the System chapter is over.
Thank you for reading!